The Office of the Registrar provides scantron scoring services for departments across campus using University of Michigan Scantron Forms. Our office supplies the blank forms, as well as quick processing for scoring and analysis services.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Due to the novel coronavirus pandemic (COVID-19), starting Fall 2020 term, turn-around time will be impacted as the office is following safety protocols consistent with state, UM and CDC protocols and guidelines.
- For exams dropped off Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday, you can expect results sent by email on Thursday of that same week.
- For exams dropped off Thursday or Friday, you can expect results sent by email on Monday the following week.
If you are a new user of the exam scoring service, please take a moment to review our General Tips, Guidelines, and Information About the Exam Scoring Service.
The following reports are provided electronically for each exam. Examination reports can be requested to be sent to individuals other than the instructor using the Exam Scoring Request Form (PDF).
- Student Scores and Responses (Excel)
- Item Analysis (PDF) provides detailed distractor analysis based on raw scores
- Score Distribution (PDF) provides analysis of student score distribution
By default each question on an exam is worth one point with no deductions. Additional scoring options available include:
- Penalties for incorrect answers
- Scoring by Subtest
- Varying point values for exam questions
- Rescoring of test after elimination or adjustment for poor test items
Requesting Exam Scoring Service
Complete the Exam Scoring Request Form (PDF) and return it with the corresponding answer sheets to the Office of the Registrar (LS&A Suite 5000).
Requesting Blank Answer Sheets
Exam Drop Off Location
LS&A Suite 5000
500 S. State Street
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1382