- Every questionnaire has eight (8) university wide core questions.
- As of Fall 2021 Q1 ‘Overall, this was an excellent course’ and Q2 'Overall, the instructor was an excellent teacher.' are no longer required.
- Each department can have up to twelve questions on their template.
- Instructors may add up to five of their own questions (3 multiple choice and 2 open ended). Instructors are able to view the questionnaire before added to ensure questions are not duplicated.
- Q3 “I learned a great deal from this course.” has been replaced with Q1631 “This course advanced my understanding of the subject matter.”
- If a department chooses to include fewer than 12 questions, the system is not able to compensate to allow additional instructor-added questions.
|This course advanced my understanding of the subject matter. (Q1631)||Strongly Agree, Agree, Neutral, Disagree, Strongly Disagree|
|My interest in the subject has increased because of this course. (Q1632)||Strongly Agree, Agree, Neutral, Disagree, Strongly Disagree|
|I knew what was expected of me in this course. (Q1633)||Almost Always, Frequently, Sometimes, Rarely, Never|
|The instructor seemed well prepared for class meetings. (Q230)||Almost Always, Frequently, Sometimes, Rarely, Never|
|The instructor explained material clearly. (Q199)||Almost Always, Frequently, Sometimes, Rarely, Never|
|The instructor treated students with respect. (Q217)||Strongly Agree, Agree, Neutral, Disagree, Strongly Disagree|
|I had a strong desire to take this course. (Q4)||Strongly Agree, Agree, Neutral, Disagree, Strongly Disagree|
|As compared with other courses of equal credit, the workload for this course was… (Q891)||Much Heavier, Heavier, Similar, Lighter, Much Lighter|
Evaluation Process Overview
Each school, college, or department has at least one designated administrator who is responsible for ordering evaluations. Evaluations are typically ordered in the first month of a new term. Several weeks prior to the start of the evaluation, instructors will receive an email invitation to preview and optionally add questions. Instructors can add up to three multiple choice questions (on a scale of Strongly Agree - Strongly Disagree) and up to two open-ended questions. If you are not sure if your department administrator has set up an evaluation for your class, you can log into Blue to see if your evaluation is listed in your ‘Tasks’ section.
Instructors and students will receive an email once the evaluation is available to the students. This is typically two weeks before the end of the semester for regular term classes. The email will contain a link to view real-time response rates. Students (GSI, TA etc.) should use an incognito window and select ‘Central-Campus Instructor’ in order to see their real-time response rates and reports. Students can access their evaluation in Canvas or by clicking the link in their email, or by going directly to Blue
Instructors will receive an email once the reports are available (in Blue). The grade roster for the course must be posted in Wolverine Access.