Students can take evaluations in Blue or through a link in Canvas.
Your identity remains completely anonymous to instructors and department staff. The evaluations you submit on the Canvas Teaching Questionnaire site are strictly confidential. Additionally, instructors cannot view their end of the term evaluation reports until after grades for the class are submitted and reports have been released.
Blue does not send an email confirmation. You must submit a picture, pdf, or printout of their confirmation page if proof is required.
Tips for Providing Useful Feedback
Instructors often find that constructive written comments are valuable. To help your instructors get the most out of your written feedback, please keep the following in mind:
- Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) provides free confidential psychological services for currently enrolled U of M undergraduate and graduate students.
- Your instructor is your primary audience for written feedback, and your goal is to help them understand the instructional choices that worked well and less well for your learning. Your feedback can valuably influence the ways they teach this course and others in the future.
- Specific constructive suggestions that focus on your learning are far more useful than general critiques. It is most helpful to provide feedback that helps instructors understand how their instructional choices facilitated or hindered your learning. Both positive and negative feedback is most helpful when very specific.
- Comments that are not related to your learning diminish the value of your feedback. For example, it is not helpful to comment upon an instructor’s appearance or to include personal insults in your feedback.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Search our knowledgebase
- What should I do if the Teaching Questionnaire for my class in Canvas is missing?
- How can I submit my evaluation after the evaluation period has closed?
- Why am I getting email reminders to take my evaluations?
- How can I let my instructor know that I have submitted my evaluation
For Additional Infomation
Office of the Registrar – Evaluations